Join the fun September 1!
We're celebrating Columbia's Fish Sammich with a festival at Riverwalk Park on Labor Day Weekend! Join us for delicious sandwiches and field day activities.
Fish Sammich Festival
The Fish Sandwich or "Sammich" has been bringing families, friends and communities together for years in Columbia and we want to celebrate it with our very own festival!
- Each vendor will sell their sammiches and sides so come hungry and don't forget your wallet!
- Vendors will have a chance to compete for best fish sandwich as voted on by our panel of Judges.
- Drinks will be available and sold by festival staff
- After the festivities, our friends at Asgard Brewery are offering a special Festival Beer to all attendees age 21+!
We will be playing field day type yard games, free to all for the first year of our festival (slight update from our original plans)! Four square, dodgeball, corn hole and more available with prizes to some of our pickup games of dodgeball and others!
What is a Fish Sammich?
Columbia's fish sammich is a special stack of some of the best southern ingredients you can put in your mouth! While the recipe varies from chef to chef, you'll typically find a fried white fish, cheese, pickles, slaw, hot sauce and white bread. You gotta taste it to believe it.
Saturday, September 1, 2018
- Park opens for field games
- 10am vendors start cooking sammiches
- 12:30 Sammich Winners announced
- 2pm Festival Concludes
Bring Lawn Chairs, Cash and comfy clothes (if you plan to participate in some of the activities!)